Thanks to the Friends of the Textielmuseum
The Friends of the TextielMuseum Foundation supports the museum with donations and talented young people by offering them a platform.
Donations to the TextielMuseum
The Friends of the TextielMuseum has made a financial contribution to the following projects.
- From the proceeds of the visit to Brafa in 2017, a sum was donated for the purchase of flags for the King’s Birthday.
- The purchase of a moquette collection – December 2016
- Interactive models for the ‘Building with Textiles’ exhibition – September 2014
- The conservation and presentation of the ‘De Ploeg’ collection
- Restoration of the historical steam engine
- The model of the TextielMuseum in Madurodam
- The purchase of a computer-operated loom
- The purchase of a Stoll flat-knitting machine
Platform for talented young people
The Friends of the TextielMuseum Foundation has set up a platform to give talented young textile designers the opportunity to show what they can do. In recent years, this has mainly involved presentations on Friends’ Day. The invited designers also received a sum of money.
The Friends of the TextielMuseum Foundation has already welcomed the following designers:
Noortje de Brouwer
Tamara van Roij
Robin Pleun Maas
Vera de Pont
Floor van Doremalen
Corinne van Grevenbroek
Michelle van den Poel
Martijn van Strien
Dienke Dekker – exposition ‘Talking Textiles’
Daniel Costa (Italië) – exposition ‘Talking Textiles’
Nyke van Bijnen
Roland Pieter Smit – exposition ‘Talking Textiles’
Ziv Ben Gal (Israël)
Borre Akkersdijk – exposition ‘Talking Textiles’