The TextielMuseum reopens its doors as of Monday 1 June 2020. We have taken measures to ensure that your visit is pleasant and safe. In addition to extra hygiene precautions, we will regulate visitor numbers inside our spacious museum building, to ensure that enough distance is maintained. We are following the protocol established by the Museum Association.
Expected online at the end of May 2020.
- Entry to the museum is only possible by reserving a time slot in advance. There are a limited number of tickets available per time slot. Tickets are purchased for a specific date and time. This enables us to regulate the number of visitors inside the museum at the same time.
- Tickets are sold online. This allows us to control visitor numbers and ensures minimal contact at the front desk. If you are unable to buy your ticket online, you can make a reservation by calling 013-5367475 and then making a cashless payment at the museum with your bank card. We are available Tuesday to Friday between 10 am and 2 pm.
- Tickets are sold with a beginning and end time. The time slots last 2.5 hours, giving you ample time to see everything at the museum.
- Currently, you can reserve a time slot up to and including 30 June 2020. Time slots after 30 June 2020 will be available later.
- It is still necessary to reserve a time slot if you have a Museumkaart, if you are a ‘Friend of the museum’ or if you bought an online ticket prior to the recent museum closure.
Before your visit
- We request that you arrive at the museum no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of your time slot. In this way, we can avoid queues.
- Only visit the museum with more than one person if you are part of the same group (family, partners, household).
- Where possible, come to the museum without a coat, leave it in the car or bring it with you during our visit. Bags can be brought into the museum and worn on the front. There is no wardrobe available. Large bags may be left in a locker upon request.
- Avoid public transport where possible, arrive using your own transport and visit museums in your hometown or area. The museum offers free parking in the direct vicinity.
- Museum payments can only be done using a bank card.
- Do you have any symptoms of illness such as sneezing, coughing or a cold? Stay home. Also, stay home if someone in your household displays any such symptoms or has a fever.
In the museum
- One individual per group or a single visitor should display the entry ticket at the front desk. Children aged 12 and under can display their ticket in the company of an adult from the group.
- The tickets (and if relevant, your discount card) only need to be scanned. This can be done through the plexiglas screen at the front desk, ensuring that there is no direct contact with our staff.
- You receive an admission sticker, linked to your reserved time slot upon entry. Please ensure that the sticker is worn visibly on your clothing.
- There is a set route through the museum, ensuring that it is easy to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres with other visitors and staff. It also ensures a one-way visitor flow. The route is indicated with arrows on the floor. A map marking the route is also available. Several areas where the minimum required distance cannot be guaranteed are closed.
- The maximum number of people allowed per area is indicated.
- Surfaces such as doors, handles, stairs and other objects are cleaned more frequently and disinfected throughout the day. The museum is taking extra hygiene measures in the use of card payment machines and audio tours, among others. Disinfectant wipes and gel are available.
- The toilets are cleaned regularly and the number of visitors in the toilet areas is regulated to safeguard the 1.5 metre distance.
- The elevators can only be used when necessary and with a maximum of one person at a time.
- The museum staff monitor the routing and number of people per space.
TextielCafé, TextielShop, Library
- The museum café and museum store are open, but only for visitors with a valid entry ticket. The extra measures described also apply here to ensure a pleasant and safe visit. Would you like to buy something from the store, without visiting the museum? Call 013-5494536 for an appointment.
- The library can only be visited by appointment. Should you have any questions about the library collection or should you wish to make an appointment, contact [email protected] or 013-5494516.
Group activities and bookings
- All planned group activities have been cancelled (such as masterclasses, workshops and tours). It is currently not possible to book group activities, or tours, nor is it possible to make use of the auditorium or meeting rooms.
- Smoking in the museum is not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the museum, with the exception of guide dogs (in possession of a pass).
- Food and drinks can only be consumed in the TextielCafé.
- The consumption of your own food and drinks in the TextielCafé are not permitted.
Photography & film
- Our house photographer regularly makes photos for journalistic or educational purposes. These images can be used for news items on our website and in museum communication materials. If you do not wish to be photographed, let us know in advance, or inform our photographer during your visit.
- Unfortunately, at this moment visitors cannot take pictures or videos due to measures against coronavirus.
These rules apply for the TextielMuseum, depots and subsidiaries, as defined in the General Visitor Conditions, article 1.3